busy...

Whew, this week sets a new standard for busy-ness. Debriefing and follow-up work on TitleWave is consuming at BookStream; there's a full slate of events at the bookstore; and biggest of all, Tuesday through Thursday I'll be taking part in the ABA Focus Group Meetings here in New York.

The funniest part: the meetings will be taking place for three straight days at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge Hotel. So I'll be spending two nights in a hotel that's 15 minutes walk from my house. Ah well -- kind of a treat at that.

So that's where I'll be this week. Hope y'all have a good one -- I'll try to pipe up on Friday.

Comments

Old First said…
Let us know how the food is.
Unknown said…
Jessica,
I read about your grant/award from the BPL (Congrads!) and your interest in having your own bookstore and winebar/performance space in Brooklyn.

I am a media artist (and Brooklyn resident) interested in creating/generating workspace/housing for performance and media artists in Brooklyn that can partner with viable storefront enterprises a.k.a. small businesses and/or community outreach programs for youth.

I've attended a few community meetings with local arts and government officials and have approached Assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries about this concept. He agreed that there is certainly an awarness of the need and, some critical mass building toward such initiatives.

I am forwarding your info to Mr. Jeffries. And if you are interested in a conversation about this get in touch with me: mandymachine@gmail.com.

Mandy Morrison

You can visit my website(s)
www.mandymachine.com and www.potentialpartnersthemovie.com

Popular posts from this blog

"Switchblades, bicycle chains and adventuresome tailors": Colson Whitehead on Brooklyn literary culture

Link-Mad Monday: BEA 2007 and On!

House.